Monday, October 28

...wishing i could see you...

I really want to run into people I know on the streets here. I'm not sure why. I keep getting the vibe like I am going to. Actually it already happened a bit. I've had two KCAI buddies come into the Dia by chance and run into me working! Jesse and John! It's fun. I've just been thinking a lot about people who occupy my past more than my present and maybe even future. I love where I am as a person right now, and I take nothing back...I just miss some of the way things used to happen. I like to remember...late nights at Jenny's house, sitting around the kitchen table, or doing crazy stuff...taking late night walks or drives with friends...hanging out at Tony's apartment with him and Mandylan and others...fun nights with Maralie and also Eli and Tim...dressing up to go to the grocery store or wherever...staying up all night talking with Mike A...late nights in studio, and also just studio in general...getting letters from Sarah and Julie, and an occassional visit...etc. There is so much more...I really do not like letting people slowly slip from my life. You stop one day and realize where have they gone? New people have moved in, but create their own space - never taking over where someone else used to stand. Alright, this is making me too wistful...

...memory of the day...

The image of driving down that lonely Arizona road and looking over to see dusty, cracked cowboy boots coverin' every fence post for a good mile or two, keeps playing like a bouncy 16mm reel in my head. Here's to hopin' they still populate that stretch of road.

No comments: