Saturday, October 12

...mmm...pie...

Today is a day for baking cheddar cheese buttermilk biscuits and apple pie. I have been looking forward to this for days. Is that sad? I just don't often have time to bake and I love it. I have never attempted these particular items either, so it is an adventure.

Last night we went and saw some bands with old Kansas folks (people Jer knows from KU) in them who now live here. It was really fun. I got to meet a lot of new people and they were all very nice. The music was also great, in particular Brian and Laura's band - Dust Dive I think the name is. It was very...I can't explain it any other way than it made me homesick, happy, want to cry, etc. Laura plays violin in it some...great! It was a long night.

Yesterday I complained for the first part of the day about having to walk in the rain so much. Then, on my way to pick up Lola - it was steadily pouring as it did all day - I passed by a homeless man in a doorway, curled up sleeping and absolutely soaked. I realised that I may be uncomfortable for a few hours, but at least I know I have somewhere to head home and dry up. Man...those pants of his are never going to dry in this weather.
Lola was actually fantastic yesterday. We had no complaining or crying or anything. We went to the Barnes and Noble in Union Square to read until it was time to meet her Mom at Eli's daycare. We just read a ton of books and she was very in to being mellow. No complaints even about rain! I was so happy and grateful.

Jeremy got to talk to Erin from Colorado yesterday on the phone while I was at work. She's really great. She and Joey came for a visit a couple months ago...it was good times. Anyway, love to you Erin if you're out there - I will talk with you soon.

We are going to visit Rick soon. We are very happy Rick is alive and doing well. I know he's out there - so lots of love to you.

Joan and Rachel bought a place in England! (Well, Rachel didn't buy it really) It sounds nice, and they even get all the furnishings! Everyone is excited for them and suddenly trying to arrange trips to England :) So yay!

That's it for now. I've got to go prep the kitchen. Enjoy your days.

No comments: