Monday, January 27

...restless night...

I kept tossing and flopping all night...much of it due to strange dreams. Here is the last one I had before waking up for good.
I was on my Mom's street(in front of the house, but more to the left) and had just run into Lola who wanted to have the stuffed animal I was holding. We were discussing the topic when I see Nancy (our upstairs neighbor in NY) in a very decadent wedding dress walking across the street, headed to my old elementary school, Brookridge, which is right around the corner. She shouts something at me, but I don't quite hear. All this time I am thinking, "She and Rich are getting married?...but we never got an invitation." She leaves her Manolo Blahnik shoes on the corner of 99th and Lowell, and I get the impression that she wants me to bring them when I come to the wedding. I drop the stuffed animal, and run across the street to pick up the shoes, and go to find what is going on. I finally get to the school (which is seriously a short block from my Mom's house) and inside everyone is dressed up, milling about, and I don't see Nancy. I do however see my mother and my sister all prepped for the event. I am in jeans and a t-shirt. Someone tries to hand me a flower petal, but I tell them I'll get one when I come back. I go to my sister and tell her Jeremy and I never got our invitation. She says she is sure we are invited, and talks about how Nancy talked the whole month of April to her about it. I ask if I have enough time to change and she says I have plenty. I run home, but it is that special slow-motion dream running. Finally I make it to my Mom's and run up to my old bedroom. I already knew that I would just throw on the flower dress that I wore to Piper's college graduation. Jeremy wasn't even home yet from the doctor. I reach into the closet, pull out the dress, turn around, then look down as I am taking my clothes off and see that I already had on a white eyelet dress. I take it off and am turning the dress around because it was inside-out, when Jeremy comes home. I tell him what's going on and he gets wide eyed. A few seconds later he appears almost fully dressed, while I am pulling my dress on still! I also realize that the flower dress turned into a velvety number that I have never seen, but is beautiful. While I am pulling it on, he tells me about his doctor's visit (which I will not go into details here, because it is too strange) Then I woke up...

No comments: