Friday, January 3

...it is not acceptable for a mermaid to turn into a panda...

My hands are itching to work out some ideas. Why have I kept myself from drawing for so long?! I guess I doodle some. Anyway...Piper and Nick gave me a great blank book for Christmas, so I believe that tomorrow, or possibly this evening, I shall start filling it with things I like to look at whether it be other people's visuals, my own, or writing. Very exciting. I'll have to pull myself away from my new books though. With my gift card bonus from work I purchased Fast Food Nation and Gangs of New York in person, and am reading them simultaneously. Excellent. I finished out the card last night on-line with The Grey Lady and the Strawberry Snatcher, The Secret Art of Dr. Seuss, and the latest Dead Prez CD. I've seen two new movies within the last week: Gangs of New York and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Gangs was great. I am absolutely fascinated with that period in time. Very violent movie, but great. I am a total nerd who now wants to go find where the five-points neighborhood used to be. Harry Potter was good as well. Maybe a little scary for kids, but probably not. I was into crazy, mythic beasties at a young age, as well as low-grade horror films, and look...I'm normal...hmmm. You know what I miss? Crows. I don't think the city has much visible besides pigeons and sparrows. Sadly in K.C. they have so many crows that they place poison on top of buildings for them to ingest. That's bad news bears. I love large birds. We had a badge in Campfire called the Thunderbird. I think you had to stand out in the rain for 20 minutes or something to earn it (that's a very bizarre thing to have to do to earn a badge) Anyway, I hoped more than anything that I would see an actual thunderbird someday. Why am I never the person who sees the things I always read about starting in fourth grade from those books on the supernatural/myths/strange natural things shelf in the library at school? I guess I should not complain...I have experienced some very "strange" (though they didn't feel wrong) things with energy and such. Uh-oh...I'm getting all space-y on ya. Yeah, so no crows here. Maybe if I set out some shiny things they will come...

No comments: