Thursday, January 23

...how it is...

Salt scars run along the sidewalks like seams to some huge, unknown sewing project. It also seems that as quickly as dogs can let it come out, what does instantly freezes to the asphalt. Halos of this seasons past eliminations are everywhere you can look. It is hard to escape much of anything here. I keep dreaming of those steaming, summer-y, so-hot-it's-painful sidewalks that are coming up in the future. The city starts to sweat and all the smells come out intensified by the dense air. Sigh. I'm already at that point in the winter where I need sunlight warming my naked arms, sweat slowly rolling down my side, and a good porch where I can watch the world go by, then dive in. This usually does not come until February...
Hoping all of you are able to stay inside under blankets, with warm drinks and a nice companion (person, book, pet, or otherwise)...but if not, that you can think warm thoughts while walking those bitter sidewalks. love.

No comments: