Monday, February 3

...it's nice to see you without your hat on...

The weather outside has been great the last few days. On Saturday, I was walking home from the co-op and the skies were grey, but it wasn't too cold out. The air was really moist, like it should have been at least misting, but it wasn't. Every breath dragged in wet, salty air that coated your throat. I loved it...I started breathing deeper so I wouldn't stop feeling that sensation. Here, I don't normally notice the salt in the air. There were even seagulls on fifth avenue (in Brooklyn)! Every ocean experience came back to me and I just floated in them until I reached home. What a wonderful walk.

Yesterday it was pretty nice out, but I was inside the Dia all day, so it did not matter as much. I was feeling pretty frisky in my new Murakami t-shirt, though, so I had to dance around some and get the wiggles out since I could not be outside.

Today we got to meet Joan (in town for just today) and Judy for lunch in mid-town before I picked up the Lola. It was very pleasant. We ate at a little Italian cafe and enjoyed our brief time together. Outside the weather was...so great you didn't even need a hat. People were out, and actually smiling. Even though it is still cold, there is that hope of Spring...the cold cannot last. Thank heavens for that.

No comments: