Friday, January 17

...snow day...

I wish that the few inches of snow on the ground would render the city useless and make it so I wasn't able to go to work. Snow day! It's been so long since the days of school snow days. We even got them a couple times in college...of course, they told us once we were halfway through the day anyway, so it wasn't as satisfactory. Most of us decided to stay in studio anyway. At least today is a go-home-early day. I do not have to pick up Miss Lola. I get to come home and...do laundry! Woo-hoo! Friday's are sizzlin'!


...the little things...

the day where there were hundreds of oil rainbows in the street, running into someone familiar on the train, how frank always has kitty kisses for you, unexpected mail from friends, coming home to find my husband walking towards me with a big glass of juice and dinner on its way, looking through sara's cedar chest, having the big, blind dog run into me on the street and apologizing to it, being comforted by the fact that the weeds are growing up through the tracks at the smith and 9th stop, watching a shadow bird walk the length of a rusty i-beam, the beauty of viewing a plane glistening in the morning sunlight through the industrial structure of our subway station, being privy to secrets (positive ones) and i'm not even going to tell you, the joy of hot cocoa in a tiny cup...

No comments: