Saturday, October 23

...a piece of divinity...

A friend of ours had given us some trade that he got to Piropos, a very nice Argentinian restaurant in Parkville, for helping out in his wedding this summer. We decided to use it the other night for my birthday dinner. Mmmm...wine so smooth we drank a bottle with no problem, Caprese empanadas to start (mozarella, tomato, basil), a spinach-stilton-candied walnut with fig dressing for jer, and a house salad (romaine, apple, avocado, onion, tomato, walnuts with a red wine/aji molido dressing)for me. Jer had a rack-of-lamb that came with polenta, and was lounging in a port lingonberry sauce. I opted for the roasted squash ravioli drenched in a stilton blue cheese cream sauce (my tongue is hanging out right now.) We finished up just with coffee...dessert couldn't fit in our stomachs. Oh...plus there was a basket of crusty bread, garlic toasts, and thin, snappy breadsticks with three sauces to slather on them...a garlic aioli, chimichurri, and a sort of onion relish-y thing...I love food! That pasta was unreal...I think we both were rolling our eyes to the heavens throughout the whole meal. It was wonderful food wise, and in particular - company wise.

Tonight it is another big meal (celebrating with my Mom, Piper, and Nick) We are going to Garozzo's (the one out south, which I am hoping is as good as the one near downtown.) Drool. Such good Italian food.

But before that...I've got to go put some breakfast in my belly, 'cause Jer and I are headed to explore the Kansas City Museum, which is housed in the beautiful Corinthian Hall mansion in the Northeast section of town.

No comments: