Wednesday, October 13

...not bad at all...

I am not sure now why I was so worried about getting my wisdom tooth out.
I didn't eat in the morning (the instructions for going to sleep had said not to, but I wasn't sure about not going to sleep), I was nervous, and we got lost on the way there and were a little bit late...I was not happy when we arrived. As soon as I went back in the room though, the nurse was very good at calmly talking to me, and she said that it should be a snap. The doctor came in, rubbed some "cherry" flavored numbing stuff on my gums, shot me with novacaine, left for a few minutes, then came back and did a test to see if I was numb enough...I didn't feel a thing, he said he was just going to wiggle my tooth a little to loosen it up - did that for about 10 seconds and I heard him comment, "That's a long, curved root!" Then he said I was done!
"Are you serious?" I replied.

It was nothing! I didn't even have to have any stitches, plus I only had to eat soft food for 24-hours. Whenever I am restricted on food, I always want burritos, which usually fall within the category of cannot have.

So...no big deal.

No comments: