Tuesday, November 23

...warm on the inside...

The weather people are discussing the possibility of snow later today! Yay! I doubt it will come close to the two-feet of snow I dreamed of a couple of weeks ago, but that is okay. We have to stay inside most of today anyway, so that we can finish cleaning for a visit from Joan and Rachel! They will be swinging in at some point tomorrow afternoon. The only thing that sucks about this visit is that I have to work Friday 10am-7pm and Saturday 10am-6pm...I think they are leaving Saturday. So goes retail...
Jeremy had a great birthday. We made our way to Lawrence on his actual b-day. Did some shopping, had dinner at FreeState, then spent the rest of the night drinking at The Jayhawker (the bar at the Eldridge Hotel)with friends. Good night. The next day after I got off of work, we went out to dinner with my Mom, Piper, and Nick, then back to Mom's for presents and cake. So...Happy Birthday Jer...big 33.
Friday night was the opening to the show "Cross-Stitch" that I happen to have two pieces in. A lot of friends showed up to support me, so I felt very lucky. I discovered the next day that a detail shot of one of my pieces ended up in our local, monthly, art newspaper the "Review." Lucky indeed.
A good portion of the leaves are down. Squirells are nervously darting across yards trying to desperately remember where they buried nuts. My Mom's Japanese Maple looks like it is on fire. Frank and Bones are more insistent each day that they just have endless food 24-hours-a-day. Jeremy is still in bed, and I am in great need of coffee.
If I don't get to it...everyone have a great Thanksgiving, wherever you may be. Family, we will be thinking of you, and wishing we were all together. Much love.

No comments: