Thursday, November 11

...seeing red...

This morning I decided to indulge in reading some Vanity Fair articles before really starting my day. The first one I chose sucked me in and spit me back out very worried and pissed off. If you find yourselves in the grocery store, a bookstore, any place with magazines, please pick up the December 2004 issue of Vanity Fair (it has dreamy Leonardo DiCaprio on the cover)and find the article on page 204 entitled, "Weapons of Self-Destruction." Here is the lead in:

"Heroic soldiers returning from Iraq seem to be prey to the same debilitating, potentially fatal illnesses that first became known as Gulf War syndrome and then afflicted veterans of Bosnia and Kosovo. Critics point to the U.S.'s own ammunition made of toxic, radioactive depleted uranium-an explanation the Pentagon is resisting."

I think that it is the best, most eye-opening story this month. You know what's sad? It didn't get any mention on the front cover.
This article is disturbing, and this should be something we are trying to nail the government, Republicans and Democrats, with. They do not give one shit about human life.


No comments: