Monday, May 31

...is that all there is?...

My body is full on friends and food. Tonight I am going to sink into the futon with my embroidery.
Friday we headed out to Excelsior Springs for a party at the Freelings. They were having a campout, though we couldn't spend the night due to work the next morning. Here are the things I remember...Mandylan called me on my cell phone, so I talked with her on the crazy, steep, twisty front stairs while cats poked out of the bushes and I stared at the triangular mailbox...devouring a slice of apple pie with homemade vanilla ice cream, followed by a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie...laying by the campfire looking for satellites among the stars...lots of kids running around...drinking wine from the bottle with Jer.
Saturday was work is for jerks, but...da da da dum...then came a most fabulous dinner with Christine and Evan over to share in it. French toast,made with Jer's yummy batter, topped with fresh blueberries, strawberries, apple, banana, and kiwi, plus toasted pecans, honey butter, and powdered sugar. Drool. There was also chiken and apple sausage,scrambled eggs donated by Christine's Dad's chickens, and mimosas...then coffee after awhile. Sigh.
Sunday we headed to Lawrence for a BBQ Jenny O. was throwin'. So much food, and beverage, and...well...it was a Jenny O. party. It was a fabulous cap to a very filled weekend. One disappointment though...Amigo's is no longer in Lawrence! Where is one to get a crisp pinto burrito on their way out of town?! Highly problematic in the taste bud arena.

No comments: