Wednesday, May 12

...yeah, fire! fire!...

Metallica rocked hard last night! They played Master of Puppets, For Whom the Bell Tolls, One, Search Seek and Destroy, Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters, and some newer songs, and other songs I can't recall now. During many songs there were huge bursts of flames, and firework type things. We could feel the heat from where we were standing! I liked watching my Mom throw her hands in the air, and attempt to make the metal horns hand sign (an unknowing tribute to Pan?)

I got a little shiver, though, watching everyone throwing fists in the air and shouting in unison. It was a little Nazi-esque to me...I couldn't bring myself to do it, at least in rythm with everyone else. Creepy. As was the guy who was a racist skin head (nice big swastica tattoo on one arm, and a cross on the other + wearing red suspenders and a bald head.) He was on the floor, and in the pit the whole show. He did the ugly mosh pit strut. Bleh.

Otherwise...plants are transplanted and flourishing, thunder has been rolling across our land for a couple of days - broken up with lots of sunshine, I'm helping out my friend Joscelyn in her studio a bit, Corrie B is coming into town and so is Heather!, the kitties look a little slimmer, Piper is graduating from grad school on Sunday, and...life is good!

No comments: