Sunday, February 29

...glamour nights...

Tonight is the Oscars...I don't know why I love them so much, but I always have. One year in college I even dragged my small, portable t.v. into the weaving studio so I, and the rest of the ladies, could watch them while working at our looms. We were going to watch them with Piper and Nick, but when I got home from work Jeremy was ill...sad face for Jeremy. Nothing drastic, but feeling bad nonetheless.

Friday night while he was working at Muddy's, Jeremy spied Shandi, the local K.C. girl who is currently on America's Next Top Model! We've been rooting for her, not only 'cause she's from our town, but because she rules! I missed chatting with her as I was at my Mom's. Ah well...not a big deal at all.

All of our tickets and lodging are in place for our upcoming trip to New York/London/Swanage! It will be nice to get away, though I always worry about leaving the kitties. I think they get sad, and I miss them a lot. It will be nice to have a few days back in NYC...lots of good folks and memories there. We are also excited to hang out with Joan and Rachel in their British digs.

I think the weather has taken a turn towards spring!!! It's been warm for many days, and today it was very windy and rained, but it wasn't too chilly. C'mon spring! No more snow!

Lately I've been getting back in touch (or they have been with me) with old friends. It's nice that you can get back in sync after misplacing them for a couple of years. I've never enjoyed losing friends...unless they are absolutely wretched, but I don't think I've really had any that I would describe like that.

One last thing...if you ever have the opportunity to do an Ethiopian coffee ceremony, do it! We were involved in one a couple of weeks ago, and had a grand old time.

No comments: