Wednesday, March 10

...in the year 2000...

Woah...I haven't written yet in March? Time is slipping through my fingers, though I don't think I ever had a grasp on it.
Today, after dropping off my car to be worked on (yes, again...there is some sort of high-pitched squeak escaping it) I walked down to McClain's bakery, which has been there since my Mom was a kid. I needed to go there actually for my Ma...next Friday is her birthday, and Piper, Nick, Daddad, my Mom, Jer, and I are all going to Governor Stumpy's for dinner, then back to our house for cake and presents. Anyway...I placed an order for her cake and eye-balled all of the other sweets they had for sale...icebox cookies (cherry and regular), fruit bars, cream puffs, macaroons, cupcakes, little pies, m&m cookies, etc. This started my envisioning what life could be like when we have kids...walking to McClain's for cookies!
So, I exited sans sweets and debated whether I should stop on my way back to the house for coffee from the wonderful Bar Roma (best espresso and coffee outside of Europe ever!!! - the other day I got an iced mocha to die for with their own espresso/vanilla whipped cream on top...sigh) or for a coke from QT. I opted for coke...couldn't resist that sweet burn, though now I am slightly wishing for coffee. I took the back way home from QT and transported myself to when our future kids are teens, walking around the neighborhood with sullen looks on their faces.
"Mom...I'm going to QT for a coke (actually probably for a coke and cigarettes...grrr)"
The back way home is full of chain-link fences, no sidewalks or ones that abruptly end in gravel, utility boxes, rampaging weeds, and weird little businesses. At least there is no drainage ditch like what was by my house growing up. I hung out there a lot (unless it was raining...I'm no fool!)

In other news...I'm starting to worry about my passport. I sent in an application to get a new one in my married name at the start of January, and I've sent them emails twice to check on the status of it...they don't have it in their system...uh...we leave in two weeks! Please passport gods...let them find it and process it swiftly!!! I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they have it yet in their computers, and if not, ask them what I can do.

No comments: