Thursday, November 20

...birthday suit...

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband Jeremy! Like a fine wine, he gets better every year (and he was definitely not bad at all to begin with!) Jeremy brings much happiness into my life, and others as well. I don't know what I would do without you sweet potato! I love you!


Last Saturday we paused for lunch at the New York Deli and Bakery, then continued on our walk to Forest Hill Cemetary. This is all only a few blocks from our house, and happens to be the final resting spot of my Mama (Mom's mom), her parents Tola and Herbert, Herbert's parents, his sister and her husband, and Tola's brother and his wife, as well as a future plot for my Daddad...which is a little creepy to look at as he is still very much alive. Anyway, on Sunday was the 15 year anniversary of Mama's passing, so we went to say hello. We ended up walking around the cemetary (which is huge) for over an hour...checking out crazy mausoleums, and interesting tombstones. As we headed for the gates, we noticed that the crows had formed a barrier that we must cross. I got a little nervous, and prepared to offer them something shiny, but they were distracted and took off for some nearby trees. Silly crows.

Saturday night we got to hang out at Scot and Marla's place. It was Scot's birthday, but he failed to tell us that! So...Scot...I'm outing you publically...happy birthday again...late... Anyway, we had a good time, and were the first to arrive and the last to leave. Why, do you ask? Because we are those people.

Sunday was Mary's flute performance. She is getting her PhD in flute, so this was no ordinary, 4th grade concert. It let me see a whole new side of Mary. We enjoyed it a lot.

Today the temperature is in the 70s. Why am I in here typing? Oh yeah...Jer is in the shower, then we are going out. I'm looking forward to these upcoming days as there are many things I get to cook for our two Thanksgiving feast we get to attend...fruit salad, nutloaf, chocolate raspberry birthday cake, Fafa's (my great grandpa Herbert) caramels, Birdie's (my Dad's Mom's mom) swedish pecans, cheddar cheese buttermilk biscuits...drool...plus, soon I will start printing various cards - some to sell and some to send out for the holidays! Yay! I love having things to do. The more I have to do, the better I use my time.

Happy Birthday again, Jer.

No comments: