Wednesday, December 3

...bring it on...

Slowly this morning, I climbed the stairs, trying to balance my cup of juice, glass of water, and bowl of cereal. Placing it all on the table beside the computer, I then plugged in the internet, turned on the computer, and opened up the blinds a tad. I noticed the frost on the window first, then I saw it...snow! Our first snow of the year is only one-half to one inch of accumulation, but it is still snow!

We saw a little bit when we were in Michigan for Thanksgiving, but it came after being there for a couple of days. The trip was very nice. Jeremy and I rolled up Wednesday night, expecting everyone to already be there, having a jolly old time. As we discovered, only Alan arrived before us, and he was at the store when we got there! So, we had a nice chat with him for a couple of hours, and just as he was ready to fall into bed, Josh, Julie, and Morgan arrived. Meade, Lucas, and Liam followed not too long after. The visit was: hiking the dunes on Thanksgiving and being amazed at Morgan's ability, good food and lots of it, competitive scrabble, trivial pursuit, sleeping bag wrestling, talking, talking, talking, Morgan bouncing around and me bouncing around with her, drinking lots of wine, bowling, going to the movies with the boys, very late nights talking, having little Ben- who joined us with his family on Friday-climb into my lap, Jeremy making hot cocoa at one in the morning, just having a good time.

Now it's been back to reality for a couple of days. Ah well. Gotta go work...

No comments: