Saturday, May 31

...little...

The day after tomorrow I am heading back West. I get to visit with family and friends, attend a cool textile conference, celebrate my sister's birthday, and close on our HOUSE! I'm sure people are sick of hearing about it...then again, I'm not sure how many people actually read this. Ah well. I can't wait to get my hands on paint samples and start going nuts on the house...joy.

Last Saturday I volunteered, for some odd reason, to go up to Beacon, New York, and work at the Dia's new art space up there. It is huge and very busy. It wasn't very hard work, but I had to get up early in order to make it there in time (it's an 80 min. train ride from Grand Central) and by the end of the day I really wanted to just quit seeing people. The train ride was...fantastic. Hanging around all day was the kind of mist that refuses to burn off. The telephone wires dipped like curvy sheet music alongside the water. I saw places that would have been my secret spots when I was a kid. It made me wonder why people live in the city when this is so close by...New York does have it's good points and it's own brand of beauty, but...man, that train ride was great.

No comments: