Saturday, May 17

...my precious saturday...

The coffee pot exhaled like a sighing dragon, moist and whistful. My knife paused at the outer flesh of the strawberry, then with a little bit of effort, cut it's way through stopping at my thumb. A cat's hungry meow wanting approval to begin eating. Sweat shirt sleeves pushed up to my elbows revealing wrists that have gotten a little more slender lately; the natural shedding of winter pounds. Cold water poured into a freshly cleaned mason jar. Brown sugar and half-and-half mingling in the base of a big, ceramic mug before the introduction of strong coffee. Hair pulled into a sensible ponytail, my part is a little crooked. He always says these shoes are more like expensive slippers, but I could not resist their shade of blue and excellent craftsmanship. My jeans gather at my ankles, and my t-shirt is almost too thin to decently wear in public. First take that water out and place it up, away from curious, delicate cat paws. Then the cereal bowl and coffee. I place everything on the table, turn on a movie, sink into the couch, slip off my shoes and enjoy my Saturday.

No comments: