Wednesday, June 11

...pulling the strings together...

Lately I have been feeling a little like the miniature hot air balloons my Dad used to make in college out of paper bags and candles...the ability to go far - soar high, but delicate...I might catch fire at any moment. It has been constant going, going, going...but when is it never? I've been a bit of a complainicus I must say - Jeremy hears most of it, a little on edge, a little more manic songstressing, yet...I am happy for so many reasons.

Here are my reasons to celebrate today: the sudden tan-ness of my arms, Frank leaning his pink nose into the waves of the song coming from my mouth, a sweaty jar of Coke leaving rings on the beat-up desk, picking out paint colors for the house...brazilian blue, artichoke heart, laguna yellow, burnt cumin..., little kisses that cover your face, the hot sauce burn of Tapatio on my lips, wearing flip flops, seeing the cycle of life displayed in the gutter even though it was extremely sad, music that you can't sit still through, and...last but not least...it's Rick's birthday! A real reason to celebrate! Happy Birthday Rick! I just realized today that next Monday will be the first time I will have seen him in awhile, and the last time I will for x amount of time considering he leaves for South Carolina in a little over a week. Everyone is on the go...I hope none of you catch on fire before you land.

No comments: