Wednesday, February 5

...sweet tooth...

I have been thinking a lot about sweets lately. I had this whole, ambitious plan that for around Valentine's day I was going to make truffles, as well as homemade caramels and Swedish pecans. This, of course, will probably not happen, or at least won't happen within the next week or so as things tend to go with me. I thought, though, that I might share the recipe for Swedish pecans with you, as they are extremely tasty and remind me of my Grandmother. It's actually my Great-Grandma Birdie's recipe (who knows where she got it) but I remember them filling the various candy dishes scattered around my Grandparent's apartment at special times of the year. Here ya go:

4 cups pecan halves in warm 300 degree oven for 10 min.

2 egg whites, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1 cup sugar...beat sugar into whites...add cinnamon and/or vanilla and rum flavoring- 1tsp. each

Mix warm pecans in egg mixture. Separately, melt 1 stick butter. Cover large cookie sheet with half of the butter. Arrange nuts on sheet. Pour remaining butter over.
Bake 30 min. at 300 degrees, turning nuts with a spatula every 10 min. Yum! Yum!

Enjoy...feel free to share yummy recipes with me too! I'm always on the look-out.

No comments: