Monday, October 17

...fun...

Jeremy finally broke down and told me what he got me for my birthday! He figured since it was my birthday week, that I could find out, which rules 'cause I love surprises, but I love finding them out even more.

I get a...tree!
We had a tree cut down this summer in our front yard, so our paper bark maple has been all by itself. Jer was not looking specifically for another of those, but he found one. He thought it would be neat to have a pair of them, and I do too! The best part is I don't have to do any of the installation. Jeremy and our friend Matt are going to take care of it Thursday, Friday, or Saturday!
Maybe it will grow to the famed proportions our other one has. (We have the largest paper bark maple in Kansas City - if not the whole area...it's on the books!)

Otherwise, I'm pretty excited that it has been a great October. The weather has been beautiful, and I have been trying to catch up with outdoors stuff I want done before the colder weather really sets in. I can envision that a good portion of it is going to get put off until spring, but that's okay. As long as we get garlic going, everything else can wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise!!!
Rick