Thursday, September 29

...Falling in Love...

Last night I washed and put out the flannel sheets and the thick blanket with animals on it. Fall has struck. Knowing this area, there may still be one or two hold-out days of high heat, but the majority of the days will start to require shoes with socks and longer sleeves. The house is in that in-between stage - too cool to need air-conditioning, not cool enough to need heat. But, my feet are crying out for shelter from the chilly floor, and it is much harder to make that first step out of bed into the crisp air each morning. Now is the start of the season where I really need at least an hour each morning to dedicate to hot, strong coffee and a stimulating book so my day can begin correctly.

I am vowing to be more motivated this fall than last. I WILL put in more garden beds and prepare better now for the spring planting. I WILL go to an orchard and get plenty of apples for pies, crisps, and raw crunching, as well as a belly full of hot cider and donuts. I WILL winterize the house so we don't spend another winter letting precious warmth escape to the outside. I WILL get rooms cleaned out so we have space to fulfill our plans.

So, I'm really looking forward to this Saturday. I have the day off of work, and I get to spend it: going to the farmer's market, working outside (provided the weather is not wet,)decorating the house for Halloween (I believe in decorations for all of October, as it is my favorite month!,)and then going to a party at our friends Scot and Marla's house! I'm sure there will be other activities in the day, but those are all the major ones I can think of!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fat asparagus are too grainy. Small, thin asparagus are better. Fall is not a time to get organized, but a time to sit back, reflect and just enjoy things.
Rick