Thursday, November 3

Well, October has come and gone.
The birthday was a success. Twenty-seven started off with a nice party thanks to Piper and Nick.
Next came a baby shower (my first experience of throwing one) for our good friend Christine. The best part was that I got to do all the fun stuff (invitations, decorations, food) but didn't have to host it at my house, so therefore did not have to clean! Some of Christine's close relatives have severe cat allergies. They would not have done well at our place, so Christine's mom offered to host it at her house. It was really fun, and I got to make food I had been wanting to for awhile: stuffed mushrooms, roasted carrot spread with cumin, olive tapenade, hazelnut chocolate-chip cookies, Swedish pecans....yum.
Then came a Halloween party where I got to live out being a garden gnome. It's hard being a tall gnome. My hat kept getting knocked off.
Halloween itself involved a visit from Clayton dressed as a shark with Piper and Nick as dismembered beach goers. Then Jer left for work, and I handed out candy to very polite children.
Now we have begun Jer's birthday month, and I am still struggling with what I should find for him. I have a few ideas, but nothing has really screamed out as perfect yet. Blast.

Otherwise...I have been seeing a lot of shooting stars lately, "A Perfect Circle's" cover of Joni Mitchell's Fiddle and Drum is constantly in my mind...it is sung a capella(like her version,)except in three-part harmony and much more hauntingly done...beautiful!, I am currently reading "1491" and just recently finished "Wind-Up Bird Chronicles" both of which I recommend, and...blah! I don't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and again, Happy Birthday! Happy Halloween! Lovely blog.
Rick