Friday, September 9

...that girl is poison...

So, a couple of Sundays ago, Jeremy and I had a major yardwork day. I know that I picked some poison ivy to dispose of, but I had never gotten it before (and I know I have been exposed) plus I was wearing gloves. I guess I must have been careless while putting it in the yard-trash bag. Two days later a little patch appeared on my arm. F***! Ah well...I begin using every homemade and over-the-counter remedy known to man. I had a tiny patch appear on my other arm, then a bigger one on my side, and the one on my left arm grew much nastier looking. I fondly referred to it as my mark of the beast. Yesterday, day 11 after exposure, I made my way to Shawnee Mission Urgent Care after work on the advice of many people. The doctor said my side patch and right arm stuff looked fine, but it looked like I had a bacterial infection on the left! Yowzer. So I became the recipient of a steroid shot, antibiotic shot, and tetanus shot. I also get to take oral antibiotics for 10 days...whoo! Sure am glad we have health insurance now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arrrgggghhhh. Also, always be careful not to BURN poison ivy. If you breathe in while it's smoking, you can actually get the poison into your lungs. VERY bad. Ugh. I'm glad you have health insurance, too.
Rick