Thursday, January 13

...lady luck...

We survived all of the icy-ness with no power outages, or slips on staircases and sidewalks. I was sad to see the world of delicately crunching grass and glass-encased trees melt away. But...what replaced it was fog! Yesterday, as I left for work, I paused for a moment to breathe in the silence and enjoy the view of our street enshrouded in fog. I especially love looking at the neighbors towering evergreens when we are lucky enough to have fog. Today seems to be sunny, yet still cold.

In other luckyness...both of my pieces in the show downtown sold on the last day it was open! Woo-hoo! Plus, yesterday I won a fine lump of cash in a contest to sell easels at work. Maybe I should go to Vegas...uh...probably not.

Otherwise, I have been indulging in a couple of books..."Cosmic Trigger" by Robert Anton Wilson, "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott, and "An Alchemy of Mind:The Marvel and Mystery of the Brain" by Diane Ackerman. Yay!!! Reading rules!

No comments: