Monday, December 22

...walkin' in a rainy wonderland...

This time of year is out-of-control! In a good way. I think I have been more socially active in the last week than in the past few months combined...well...that's a bit of an exaggeration I suppose. Lots of friends are in town, and it is also a time for seeing lots of friends who are always in town, just busy people.

This is definitely my favorite time of year mail-wise. Today was...well...like Christmas! We received a package from Josh, Julie, and Morgan, as well as about five more holiday cards. I actually did the thing where you hang the cards you receive around a door frame, or something similar. I think it is required that you do that if you have a house. Mainly I just enjoy looking at the interesting cards people make or pick out.

On non-holiday related tips, I have begun reading "Lonesome Dove," and am about a quarter of the way through it. You should read this book! Last year our friend Dylan read it while he stayed in our apartment, and he left his copy. Then, Jeremy's Dad gave us his hard-bound volume before he moved. It has just been sitting on one of our many bookshelves, silently waiting to be picked up. I found myself perusing the shelves for something new to read, and fixed my eyes on it. It has proven to be an excellent choice.

Otherwise...more people are marrying next year, and popping out children...not us...yet. I am hoping that 2004 will be a year filled with much happiness, and not as much sadness, though I enjoy all of my emotions.

As for weather, since I always seem to have something to say about it, today is grey and rainy. Maybe it is because when we were watching a rainy scene in "Igby Goes Down" last night I was thinking about how nice a good rainy day is sometimes. That, of course, would be assuming that my thoughts had great powers, and the world revolved around me...which as far as I know it does not, thankfully. I do not believe that it is supposed to be a snowy Christmas this year, though I guess one never can tell. I just hope for family, friends, peacefulness, yummy food, and a few presents.


No comments: