Friday, October 3

...how does this happen...

Do you ever zoom out from your life and realize how ridiculous so many things are with it, and with the world in general? Here I am...I own a house with my best friend and partner, I currently have no income because my husband is making money and I am a semi-privelaged person, I have lots of things...in fact I have so many that I get rid of tons of clothing, paper, whatever each year, I never miss a meal unless I choose to, I have never had an act of physical violence done against me, I went to college - to art shcool none the less, I have traveled all over the place...
I am so lucky. How did I get this place in the scheme of things, yet other people have none of what I do? Did I do something really good in a past life, or am I destined to do not as well in the next one? Does God or whatever there is just like some people better for no good reason? And why am I not doing more with what I have to help those who have not?...is it even "better" to be the one who has?...what is the perfect existence, when you have what you need - food, shelter, love, good health, a whole range of emotions - and not too many things to bog you down - jobs, obligations, guilt, wants, and you know of no one else who needs anything? Does that exist?
I have had times throughout my life so far where I fight harder than usual for basic rights for all, for justice, for universal happiness, for something - anything...then...life sucks me back in and it is easy to forget other people. I walk down the street with a veil. We think it is so horrible that Muslim women are forced to fully cover in public, but we are a society that is still covered ourselves, and we like it! You just can't see ours and it is self-imposed.
It's so easy to sit here - in my jeans, t-shirt, and cowboy boots - and type on my computer, and drink my fresh water, and expound upon what is wrong with the world. What are my solutions? This is the toughy...I don't know. I guess I will try to be a good person and not use too much of anything, though that's easier said than done for the lifestyle we have become accustomed to. I will raise any children I have to please, please, please question things, and want to drink up any books, magazines, newspapers, people, dances, songs, art, animals, vistas, whatever that they come across, and to help, and love, and do something as long as they fully embrace it and believe in it. I will do what I can before I burn (not in Hell, I don't believe in it...in actual flames...I want to be cremated) and try not to feel too guilty for what I cannot do. That is very hard.
For now...universe...ever expanding (or is it actually shrinking?)...I love you, whatever happens, whether you take it all away or give me more (I really don't need more)...thank you for it all...please give other people breaks...please do something to equalize us all - or is that for us to figure out?

No comments: