Friday, October 31

...skeletons in my closet (actually they're on my front door)...

The day of all days is here! My eyes keep getting drawn back to the large bowl of candy I fixed up this morning - junior mints, shock tarts, reece's peanut butter cups, milk duds, gumballs...drool...Must take my mind off of sweet, sweet candy...must not become diabetic...

So instead I am focusing on sounds today. The tornado siren-like squeal of the dryer, the rustle of embroidery thread repeatedly being pulled through linen, pops of old wood floors, the wet hiss of the coffee pot, and the giant BOOM of a transformer blowing this morning that tore me from my dream world. The power was only gone an hour or so.

Tonight we do the dance of passing out candy to kids. Jeremy and I discussed the various approaches to doing this, and I believe my way won out - mainly because I say so. He thinks the kids should be allowed to take their own candy from the bowl. While I remember this being a wonderful thing when I was a kid, now I can only see little, sticky fingers shoveling as much candy as they can into their bag. I'm for passing out one or two pieces per kid, and I get to randomly decide what those pieces shall be. You can trade up later kid...I'm not taking requests. Jeremy thinks this is another attempt of mine to take kids down a notch. Hey...I just want to make sure everyone gets a piece of the pie...er...I mean candy.

No comments: