Wednesday, June 11

...ah yes, the where...

I am going to use the cool link-y thing that Julie showed me so long ago. Besides getting to do fun things like hand over large cashier's checks in exchange for land that long ago was just that...land, and hang out with good people, last week I attended the Surface Design Association conference. I attended lectures, panel discussions, and gallery shows - all pertaining to the fiber arts. I also went to the opening dinner where who else should be playing but The Wilders who played at our wedding! It wasn't too surprising considering that Phil of The Wilders works for the Art Institute where this grand conference was being held. Anyway, it was great to see them, but most of all to hear them! They are good people.
So, I had a very packed week...I missed my husband though. I wish we could have been in the same place! Well...sometimes it just can't work out.

Here are a couple of other links I just feel like throwing in for the heck of it: Nest magazine -so cool. I will be getting a subscription now that I have a permanent address. Our friend Adam and if you are really cool you can visit his blog. Here's one more little tidbit...did you know that Springfield, Missouri is the birthplace of the way most people enjoy cashew chicken? I was doubtful at first...the information came from our friend Johnny who has been known to stretch the truth...then again, he knows many things...Anyway, we did a google search and lordy it is true! Save us all.

No comments: