Wednesday, March 26

...smelled any good houses lately?...

As I settled into my seat on the A train this morning, I noticed the smell of boring soup permeating the whole car. I could not tell if it was coming from someone in particular, or if it is just what that section of the train smelled like. It made me think of how everyone's houses have different over-all odors. Many houses are fairly benign, but others are extremely distinct. That always fascinated me as a kid...I can't really describe my Mom's house as it was fairly mellow most of the time, but when she cooked fish...All I know is that I was getting picked up in high school one night by some friends to go to a show at school and I did not escape before she began cooking. It was fairly horrifying. So it goes...that's better than the litter box stench I am marinating in right now! The glories of trash night.

As we emerged from the Carrol Street stop, the train rickety-rackety-ing it's way to Smith and 9th, I discovered that while I had been underground half of the sky was that perfect shade of storm blue that looks even more fantastic with lightning streaking across. It gave me the power to feel as if I had summoned this storm and was in control of the wind. Every third molecule of air had a bite to it. Luckily I had Arizona scarf wrapped around me. I need a bit of the West these days. Torn between directions...why do all the landscapes have to be so good?! So now Jeremy is my hero and buying us tortilla chips and glorious fake cheese sauce so we can have a night of bean dip, avocado, electric cheese, and salad. Plus, he rented a movie! Plus, he is my favorite person to hang out with! It is a good night after a fine, but whatever day.

No comments: