Wednesday, March 5

...came to an end, found a new beginning...

I had to say goodbye to Kristen (and Ben-who is very nice) this morning. It was sad...I enjoyed going out and doing stuff with them, but mainly the times we just got to hang out and talk, or make stuff (her knitting me drawing) or dance or cook or tickle. I'm glad she is going to where she is though. She is moving to West Virginia to small-scale farm. Yay!
So, this morning it was lightly raining on my whole journey to work. It was fairly warm out and just a little drizzly. I spent most of my time at the Dia today in the back entering on the web, so I did not know it had stopped till I broke for a roof-top coffee break. By the time I left at two, the day had turned a brilliant shade of sun striking through slightly grey, but mainly bright blue skies. I stuffed my hat, mittens and two scarves in my bag and enjoyed having my head exposed to the air. The weather today made me stand a little taller, walk with a more relaxed gait, and hold my head up - making eye contact and smiling a lot. I also looked up, up, up at the buildings I was walking by. You'd be surprised how much good stuff you can miss if you are always looking down or at eye level. My back and temperment were glad to take a sunny stretch and realize that things are not so wrong. There were lots of good smells on the street as well...lentil soup, laundry room air, honey roasted nuts, a city scrubbed a little more clean by the rains.

No comments: