Sunday, December 1

...thanks...

Our Thanksgiving trek was great. It was nice to get away even if for a couple of days. Joan had her veggie lasagna just coming out of the oven when we arrived on Wednesday night. So, we had a nice dinner, and just hung out. Rachel and I had a fun time painting nails and chatting. Thursday, we drove to Meade, Alan, Lucas, and Liam's farm in South Haven. Ahhhh. An invigorating walk and talk, good food, board games, no responsibilities. Jeremy and I spent the night at their place, while Joan and Rachel stayed in town. In the morning, I helped Alan take one of the cars in to town for a tune up. Then we made our way back, and Alan whipped up his wonderful blueberry waffles. Unfortunately, we had to leave after that to go back to Detroit, but it was the first night of Hanukkah, so Joan made latkes and applesauce (with ginger in it!) and we ate some leftovers too. We exchanged prensents and played dreidel, which is a fun game (especially if the dreidel isn't rigged.) So...there's a lot to be thankful for. Thanks to all my new family...I love you all very much...and thanks to all my own family...you know I love you tons as well.

No comments: