Friday, December 13

...(chanting) strike,strike,strike,strike...

There may be a transit strike in New York within a couple of days. I have mixed emotions about this. I definitely want workers to strike if a deal is not made, because everyone should be making good wages, plus the MTA are a bunch of scammers who apparently have no money currently, yet people riding public transportation is way up. Money mismanagement? Most likely. Plus a strike will create an interesting situation that I secretly desire to be played out so I may watch and kind of participate in.
On the other hand...so many people rely on public transportation, and it's going to get ugly out there with extra-huge traffic jams, even pissier people (which I cannot handle), and who knows what else. Such a delicate balance...So...to strike or not to strike? You gotta do what you gotta do. I don't think I will personally be troubled much if it happens. As long as we can make it to the airport Wednesday in a timely manner (cross your fingers for no delays and great weather!)
Oh! Another thing...the news has totally been hyping up how horrible this will be and even dragged in the 'ol terroism plea (that this would be a perfect opportunity for it) It seems like someone is maybe in bed with the MTA and trying to scare those transit workers...Also...the union leader is very cool. That's all.


...lament for counter space and time...

I wish I had a kitchen with lots of counter space and cubbies to store things. I would be able to unbox my AWESOME mixer and quisinart, as well as use our other fun gadgets in a much easier fashion than we can now. And I wish for time in order to make the things I have dreaming of making recently...my great-Grandma Birdie's (passed to me from my Grandma) Swedish pecans, Fafa's (my Mom's Mom's father) caramels, a very belated super-chocolately birthday cake for Jeremy, biscuits of all kinds, pies out the wazoo, and all those other glorious baked goods that Martha Stewart wants me to make...Sigh. Soon...first we gotta clean those dishes...


No comments: