Monday, December 16

...makin' plans stan...

So, no strike thus far. It is still a possiblity, but who knows what will happen. Regular work-a-day
for moi.

On the other hand...we are filling our schedule in K.C. very quickly. I know we are going to piss somebody off because we won't be able to see them, but...sorry. We have no car there, plus we need family time. We are moving back soon enough anyway.

I'm excited...we are going to decorate the tree when we get back in town. When I was in high school/college, I was always too busy to dedicate a lot of time to do this, though I loved helping when I was little. But now, it is exciting again. My mom said she already put the lights and garlands up, so that leaves the best parts for us! Ornaments and tinsel. We have some very unusual ornaments, as well as some normal ones. There are the various ones that have either my sister or my name on it or our picture. And of course, the solid colored balls. But...we also have santa playing tennis (my mom can't stand him!), a little clingy panda, mini stockings that always have fun flavored gum put in them, homemade candy cane reindeer, the gold angels that when my sister was little she ate one of their heads, the totally 70's looking birds (made with brightly colored yarn), southwesty ones, antique-y ones, plastic baby on a cotton ball in half a walnut shell (it's supposed to be baby Jesus - I made it in preschool), and best of all the gold, green, magenta, silver glittery pointy thing that for some reason reminds me of the Kremlin that goes on top of the tree.
Oh! Don't forget the bubble lights!
I love our tree. It has so much going on...

No comments: