Thursday, August 29

...keepin' a look-out...

Yesterday I saw lots of interesting folks all around town. Making my way up the stairs to our subway platform, sweet sounds of a mandolin and a steel guitar hit my ears. Usually, people do not play at our station, so it was a nice morning treat. Waiting for the train, I saw the guy with two light blue puffs of hair that I had seen walking home the evening before, as well as the punky, pale, colored hair, lesbian couple I had seen on the train the day before. As I emerged on to the street at the 23rd street C/E station, I ran into Jacob who I work with on his way to a bagel store. On 22nd street in between 8th and 9th ave., the old man who is there every morning exchanged smiles with me. During lunch, I saw an interesting fellow in a red shirt with tons of rubber bands around his sleeves holding in various bulky objects. It was a unique solution to not carrying a bag. The train ride home was the usual squish of business folks, loud teenagers, little kids, etc. On the corner of my street, I ran into a guy who works with me in childcare at the co-op. He doesn't even live in the neighborhood. Okay, so...yeah. That entry was probably only worthwhile to me. I just enjoy human watching.

No comments: