Thursday, August 22

...space seed...

Tonight I am babysitting Georgia. She is four going on five, and never ceases to amaze me with the things she thinks about. A couple weeks ago we were playing with her legos. All of them are the usual red, yellow, green, blue, except for one that is shiny and silver. She held this particular lego in her hand, turning it around slowly, and said, " I don't know where this came from." I thought she simply meant she couldn't remember who gave it to her, but then she continued, " I don't know how we got here, how this planet got here." It took me a second to respond, but then I did with the usual, " Well, everyone has a lot of different explanations for how things got here, and no one is either right or wrong. It's still a mystery." After a little more elaboration, and a couple moments of silence, Georgia decided it had to be seeds. ... Then she was only interested in what buildings we were working on.

No comments: