Tuesday, August 3

...a whole lot of buzzing goin' on...

Saturday afternoon I entered my studio in search of an old sketchbook when a buzz near the window distracted me. I looked over, expecting to see a large housefly trapped on the wrong side, but instead there was a wasp hovering above the window frame right by a NEST! As one can imagine, I quickly exited the room and shoved towels around the edges. Tonight, Evan and Christine came over to pick up their tents that were drying in our backyard, and Evan sprayed the hell out of that nest with noxious chemicals. Tomorrow we are going in and removing the window air conditioning unit, and later will take down the devestated nest. Ugh. On top of that, I feel itchy all over due to bug bites and keep searching the ceiling of every room for signs of unwanted insect life.

Otherwise...I brushed a kittens worth of fur out of Frank's coat the other day, Christine made her delicious tortilla soup last night and I got to come over and enjoy it! (Jer had to work...she sent some home for him), heirloom tomatoes are highly tasty - in particular Cherokee purples, I ate a little strawberry from our yard today, the Prius is fun to drive in - especially when it is silent, rosemary infused strawberry lemonade is...fantastic!

No comments: