Monday, January 5

...top of the new year...

I was perusing today's newspaper at our neighborhood coffee shop this morning, when my eyes ran over an article about the possible colon cancer fighting properties of drinking coffee. Yay! I knew there had to be something redeeming health-wise with coffee, otherwise why would it taste so damn good!

Before I found myself in the coffee shop, I had been outside walking back from the gas station where I dropped my car. There is a real light snow lazily making it's way down to earth, and melded pellets of ice coat the sidewalks and trees. The branches look so beautiful trapped inside those icy shells. They crack like old bones though, if you run into them.

The holidays were good to us. We felt fortunate to be able to spend so much time with some family and friends. Lots of folks in town for awhile. Lots of good food, though my jeans seem to be more loose than ever...hmmm...unusual.


No comments: