Friday, September 17

...getting better...

Well...we gave Daddad a good send-off on Saturday. My Mom placed letters we had written for him, and one of his favorite cookies (Hello Dollies)in the little shelf in the casket. The minister spoke well, we had compiled a nice photo board, and we all said our goodbyes. Then Mom, Piper, Nick, Nick's folks, Jer, and I headed back to our house for some food and talking.
Piper gave the news that she was pregnant!! We had death and life in one day.
Now I get to be Aunt to an already growing young lady, and to someone who I get to know from birth! What fun.

I've been absent from the farmer's market I enjoy going to for three weeks. Tomorrow I will go again so we can have tasty produce in the house once again! All the fall veggies are appearing. Many tasty things to be made.

Two of my pieces were accepted to be in a contemporary embroidery show in November! Plus I may have a piece or two in a show in October! This is fun...I'm glad I am putting my degree to work!

We had a block party last Saturday, and discovered that our block is even funkier than we thought. Some very interesting people...I'm glad we live where we do!

Hmmm...I'm getting hungry for breakfast finally. Must have coffee...must have fake bacon? a bagel? fruit? all three?

My thoughts are with those of you who need them most.


No comments: