Thursday, August 28

...hide your sons and daughters...

Yowzer, we are back on line! It wasn't too bad being away. I could do it again easily. We just got back at 2:30 this morning from Detroit where we had to bid adieu to Joan and Rachel. Even though it was an extremely short visit, we had a fantastic time. Jer and I got to have Rachel to ourselves for a good portion of a day...she is just the coolest. I am so happy that Rachel is in my life. Joan made a really yummy meal of veg sheppard's pie and green beans with shitakes. Mmmm. Jer and I had a good breakfast with just Joan that was fun. I love my in-laws!

Our stuff arrived less than a week ago. I immediately set up the kitchen, as it is a very important room for me, and am now focusing on my studio. Life is good.

It's very weird to drive almost everywhere. Not that I have been wanting to walk in the 105 degree heat, but I'm missing out on all the little stuff you get to notice while strolling around town. There are other things though...we had about 15 peace lillies (our friend Matt told us they were actually surprise lillies) surface in our back yard. My Daddad has some too that were transferred years ago from my great-grandfather's garden. I think I am going to take some of those bulbs this fall. We have a chorus of crickets in our basement that sing us to sleep - Bones caught one and ate it with a sickening crunch! We have lots of spiders patrolling the premises making sure that no corner goes un-woven. There is an organic farmer's market about a mile away from us on Saturday mornings! Everything is coming together.

No comments: